Whilst group therapy, and talking in a group is really successful (I am a very big fan of it) I am aware that it is not for everybody. Some people would prefer to have private contact. For many reasons
- Fear of your ex finding your information online
- Needing more time and attention on a one to one basis
- When your first language is not English and you do not feel comfortable writing comments on the site
- For any other reason
If anybody would like 1-1 private consultation and support. I can offer either half an hour or hourly direct support online via Skype. .
When I receive an email from you, I will then send you a 1-1 and risk assessment form. This information is kept strictly confidential, as per Data Protection Act (UK). I can offer support with the following
- Coaching – helping you if you are feeling ‘stuck’ and finding it difficult to move on
- Counselling (Person Centred and Gestalt)
- Somebody to talk to, who understands without any judgement
- Helping you to rebuild, and to heal from the past in the most healthy way
- If you would like counselling, to work on why you were targeted, to look at what is at the core of what happened to you and to work with you through healing
- To bring focus and attention back to you
- To empower you, and help you to find the magic within
- Reality if you are feeling lost and confused
- Somebody who is there, who will be there for you, confidentially
Sessions can be via Skype.
Why do I ask you to complete a support and RA form?
I am used to working in a certain way with people. It is good for me (and you) to
a) know about you, and to understand what it is that you want/need to achieve, and where you need to get to. To understand background information
b) Understand that I cannot work with certain mental health conditions, and it would be dangerous for me to do so. Even in my own work, in workplace setting, I would signpost certain groups to other agencies for support. I will tell you if this is the case, and offer recommendations of who to contact for support.
c) I also cannot work with anyone who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Again, this is for reasons of your safety and mine
My experience, qualifications and understanding
- Over 25 years working with a diverse range of people. Many of whom were broken with nothing when we began working
- Over 15 years experience of support planning and working
- Over 15 years experience of working with people on a 1-1 basis (in advice, guidance and support)
- Is DRB cleared to work with vulnerable people (certificate can be sent upon request, that is renewed annually in the UK)
- Over 25 years experience working with vulnerable groups
- Qualifications in Counselling and Life Coaching, work place experience over a number of years
- Professional training and working with DV cases
What will you need to bring with you?
When working with me, please bring a pen and a piece of paper. I might set goals for you, which will come from you, dependent on what it is that you wish to achieve. You might only need someone to listen to you, someone to be there for you, someone to talk to. Or you might really want to move forward with your life, and are tired of giving so much of your life and energy to somebody who abused you. For those people, we can work in a dynamic way. I will use coaching skills, and this change will come from you, you know more about what you want than I do. You are in the driving seat, I will merely help and guide you.
I work, (and always have done) individually with each person. How I work with you, will really depend on who you are, and what you want/need to achieve.
It is important that we both feel, that we are a good ‘fit’ together. For you to feel comfortable working with me, and for me to feel comfortable working with you. People connect differently with different people, this is normal and absolutely fine . I work in quite a dynamic way, often thinking ‘outside of the box’ particularly when someone is really stuck. To me, there are no problems, only solutions. I give 100% to my work and am passionate working with people.
Sometimes, all it is that is holding people back, is fear. They stand still for fear of making another mistake. This is particularly true for those who were abused by a psychopath/sociopath. Other times they are held back by historical issues, that have sometimes been present since childhood.
The most important thing that you would bring would be yourself!! It is all about YOU!
Is there any commitment?
No. Work with me for as long or as short period as you would like. If you want to finish at any time, this is fine too. The first half an hour session is free. So that you can get to know me, and how I work, and I can get to know you.
Will you ask for anything from me at the end?
Yes if you could complete a customer feedback survey (not too long) this would be great. Any feedback is valued.
Will you keep any information?
Yes, I keep accurate file notes, and the initial 1-1 paperwork. Also feedback survey at the end. You are welcome to a copy of this at any time. Information will be kept confidential and would never be disclosed to anyone else. At the end of working together you can ask for any information about you to be destroyed. I am happy to do this. Records would only be kept, for purposes if you wished to work with me again in the future, for continuity of service. Again, you can ask if you do not want this.
Please contact me if you are interested in this service. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org